Friday, January 1, 2016

Best Books of 2015

 Hey Bookworms,

A lot more reading than 2014 but didn't quite reach my goal of 55 books. Yet, I did read a lot of comics so that has to count for something. Thanks everyone for reading the reviews and the new posts of the book releases. Here is what I thought was the best of 2015.

Non-Fiction

1. The Complete Guide to Self-Publishing Comics by Comfort Love and Adam Withers

2. Create Your Writer Platform by Chuck Sambuchino (Review not on site)

3. I'm Happy for You (Sort of... Not Really) by Kay Wills Wyman

4. Very Good Lives by J.K. Rowling

5. Video Game Storytelling by Evan Skolnick

Fiction

1. The King's Hand by Anna Thayer

2. William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace by Ian Doescher

3.  Out of the Past (Once Upon a Time #3) by Various Authors (Review not on site)

(I guess I need to read more books in this section)

Young Adult and Teen

1. How to Train Your Dragon: How to Fight a Dragon's Fury by Cressida Cowell (Review to come)

2.  Poison by Bridget Zinn

3. Winter's Child by Cameron Dokey

4. Five Enchanted Roses by Various Authors

5. DreamWorks Dragons: The Stowaway by Titan Comics

ADDITIONAL: Search for the Shadow Key by Wayne Thomas Batson

(This list has such good books on it that almost all the books are equal and interchangeable in place)

Some really great books and I started reading comics this so I think this year was a good one for reading. While I didn't make my goal of 55 (read 51), I have great new editions on my shelf.  If you want to whole list, check out this list I have on GoodReads. I am also participating in K.M Weiland's Read 100 Books in 2016 Challenge so I will be recording more books this coming year that I don't usually (like writing books which I occasionally record or review but not all that I read). Feel free to share your favorite books of 2015 (read in 2015 but not necessarily published) and maybe try the 100 book challenge yourself. I got some great books coming in 2016 as well as some writing goals so here is to the new year.

Chew on a good book this new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment