Friday, September 3, 2010

Night of the Twisters

Night of the Twisters is a tornado of a book (pun intended). When Dan and his best friend and baby brother are left alone, they had to survive a tornado that lands in their neighborhood. But they don't even know how bad the destruction or if their families are alive until they can find a way out of Dan's basement. And how are they going to find anyone when everything is in pieces?

The book is a little dated from references of Kmart and Conoco and I could have done without the occasional swearing but the feeling of what it is like when you lose everything in only minutes is universal for anyone and I found myself feeling nervous when the tornado came to Dan's house. The book gives great examples of being brave when everything is falling apart and how much you need to appreciate the people in your life because you don't know when something might come to take them from you.
I still think it was cool that I found this book at my library for only $0.50.

To read, comment, and rate this and other reviews, stop by http://bookwormreading.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment