Sunday, December 4, 2011

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Bookworm's Ranking - 3.5 Worms

Storyline - Harry always thought he was just a regular kid with an aunt and uncle and cousin who didn't like him. But, when a letter arives to Hogwarts, the truth comes out that he is really a wizard. As he makes friends for the first time, he has to deal with teachers who don't like him and getting use to the magic. When mysterious things start happening and the potential of his parents' murderer of coming back, Harry Potter will have do what he can to stop him.

Author - J. K. Rowling

Publisher - Scholastic

Age Group - 13 and up

Content - Harry and his friends stood up for each other and others how needed help but broke rules several times with no consequence (okay, there some consequences). Dumbldore, the wizard in charge of the school, had lots of good advice for Harry. Some adults where portarayed pretty dumb and Harry often wanted revenge on his cousin and other relatives.

Personal Opinion - I never read Harry Potter when I was young so this was my first exposer to the books (I've seen a few of the movies) and I thought it wasn't bad. Yes, Harry wants revenge and disobeys the rules a bunch but I have read worse. Yes, there is also magic but it isn't that bad either. The author told you much the info, which I find irritating usually, but I was pulled into the story well. I have this book at 3 Worms because I'm not sure I can make a complete decision on the book unless I read the others.

Awards - New York Times Best Seller,

Links - Learn more about the books and author at: http://www.jkrowling.com/

To read, comment, and rate this and other reviews, stop by http://bookwormreading.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment