Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Outlining Your Novel

"Map Your Way to Success" 
Bookworm's Ranking - 5 Worms
 
About - Ever wished you had a way to organize all your notes for your next novel? Have an idea for a novel but have no idea how to plan it? Think that outlining is just that boring system you learned in school? No worries. K. M. Weiland discusses these and much more. She has you forget that old way to outline and introduces ways that are just as creative as writing itself but also give a guide to follow on your next writing excursion. Weiland introduces basic ideas for plotting your story as well as a look at her system as well as advice from other writers in the business. Discussing ways to go deeper into your character and story world as well as ways to discover new ideas for your novel, Weiland writes simply and understandingly and practically for experienced and new writers. Go a head and take a look at this new tool for creating your next story.

Author - K. M. Weiland

Publisher - Pen for a Sword Publishing

Age Group - 15 and up

Personal Opinion - I have watched K. M. Weiland's youtube videos on writing before and found them insightful. So when I saw this book, I had to get it and this book gave me some great ideas on future outlining. I tried not outlining (big mistake) before so it didn't need to convince me that it is important and helpful to outline. I have also tried using outline systems taught in school (works pretty well). But this books suggested technique sounds a lot funner and challenges you to not just know what event will happen next but plan characters, setting, and consider multiple events before writing out what will happen. K.M. Weiland's examples to demonstrate what was being discussed were excellent and really gave a concrete situation to think about to grasp the concept. Her writing style is also engaging and kept my interest. I will be reading more of her books in the future. This is something I will be referring back to and using in the future. I might change a thing or two in my process but that is encouraged and will help me the best.

Buy - Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Publisher,

To read or comment on this and other reviews, stop by Bookworm

No comments:

Post a Comment