Friday, August 5, 2016

Books Released in June and July

Hey Bookworms,

So, June and July past without much from me. Not even on update or what books were releasing. Sorry about that. Life just got away. Anyways, I'm working on getting some reviews up and I thought, since I didn't see any books releasing in August that I was excited about (that I know of, at least) I would share the ones the released in June and July that I missed announcing. Enjoy.


The Marked Girl

What got my interest for this book was the cover at first. But the story has kept me interested. I like books where characters from our world travels to a new one but this book does it in reverse, people from another world travel to ours. And, of course, it is fantasy so I will probably check it out.

Release Date: June 7




Dragons: Defenders of Berk Vol. 2: Snowmageddon

It the Dragon graphic novel series. I don't even need to know what it is about. I have just been enjoying the series and the continued, new adventures of Hiccup, Toothless, and the other Vikings. I already have this book on pre-order so I just have to wait for the release date and read it.

Release Date: June 21





The Enemy Above

Last by not least. Michael P. Spradlin is a great author and I've checked out his new books after reading his Youngest Templar series a few years back. I was really excited to hear about this book, a WWII novel. He is a great writer and this looks like its going to be a great adventure so it is another one I will have to get when it releases.

Release Date: June 28th




Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

You probably already heard about this book, might have even attended a midnight release but wanted to share. Reading this now and am enjoying it. I will have to post a review once I've finished. It picks up where the last book left off, nineteen years later. If you are a Harry Potter fan, you might be interested to know also that the script for Fantastic Beasts will also be available to buy and read after the movie comes out. According to J.K. Rowling's website, more Wizarding World stuff will be published from now into 2019. Check out the post titled Exciting New Publishing to come from J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World.

Note: Keep in mind this is a script book which means it will be written differently than a novel.

Release Date: July 31st




Some great stuff. What about you? Any of these also look interesting? Making note of a book you are interested in? Share and everyone else know about a new possible good read.
 
Chew on a good book today!

No comments:

Post a Comment